Top things to update on your website reguarly
- Visual Appeal – is your current site a true reflection of your business? If your site looks poorly designed or out of date this is how consumers see your business.
- Responsive & Mobile friendly – We live in a smart phone society spending on average two hours a day on mobile devices which twice as long as laptop and desktop computers. You need a website that can flex and adapt to the screen it is being viewed on.
- Technique & Coding – every year web standards change and websites need to be able to adapt to the latest changes. If your website was built a few years ago it probably has a lot of unnecessary coding that will slow your website down which can impact on your google ranking.
- Photos – Do the images on your website truly reflect your business?
- Effective use of Call to Action – Many older website lacks a call to action. Is your USP and call to action displayed clearly on your landing page.
- Analytics – can you monitor your websites performance?
- Content – Whereas the first impression will be the layout consumers go to a website for information. On average you have 2-4 seconds to engage the user and modern websites do go faster. Up-to-date content will encourage the user to go back to your website again.
- Search Engine Optimisation – If you don’t update your website it will gradually fall down search engine rankings. Search engines consider the websites with the most up to date content the most relevant for the website user. You may consider your content to be okay but if it’s the same content that you had three years ago the search engine crawlers may not see it as relevant anymore. The way people search changes year on year and this needs to be taken into consideration.
- Provide Easy Navigation – Now easy it is for the user to find the information that they want and do business with you?
- Bounce Rate – the percentage of people that visit your site and leave without visiting a second page.
- Website Speed – the loading of your website is a major contributor of people staying on your page or moving on to a competitor and never returning again.
- Easy to Update Website – An up-to-date website based on a content management system such as word press makes it easier to administer.
Don’t let your website go stale, contact us today to see how we can improve your online presence – 0121 457 4829